The UNESCO Centre for Water Law, Policy & Science organises a Symposium and Workshop on International Law and Transboundary Freshwaters - June 21-24, 2010.
Key questions which will be covered are:
• What is international water law and how does it promote regional peace and security?
• How do international legal frameworks support national decision making related to transboundary water resources planning and management?
• Who is entitled to use transboundary freshwater resources – why and how?
• How does international law reconcile competing claims over transboundary freshwaters?
• What diplomatic strategies and tactics can nation-states employ to secure the best legal outcomes possible in light of their transboundary water interests?